Friday, July 8, 2011

Check This Out...(The Stanford Theatre)





One of the many things that bring absolute joy in my life are classic films. Among my top five favorite movies, Breakfast at Tiffany's, It Happened One Night, and The Philadelphia Story make the list. I love going to the theater any chance I get; unfortunately you can't walk out of one without dropping $25 or more. 

I made, what feels like, the most outstanding discovery ever when I came across the Stanford Theatre, which is located in Northern California. It was first built in 1925 and has been home to many famous movie premieres. Now you can find two different classic movies (which rotate every week or two) playing at the theater. What makes this place so amazing you ask? Tickets cost a grand total of $7 and you can get a large popcorn, a medium drink, and a box of candy all for under $5 (no I'm not kidding). You can find the theatre's website here. So if you're ever in the area you must make time to see a movie here.





-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Takes me back to my childhood and the first movie I saw in a theater much like this one. It was around 1965. Classic Red Velvet curtains and beautiful old world feeling.

    ReplyDelete