Friday, July 22, 2011

Check This Out...The Tim Burton Exhibit


Last Tuesday I went to see the Tim Burton Exhibit at the LACMA with my mom. I first feel in love with Burton's work when I first watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (I had to be sneaky watching it, since my parents agreed I wasn't old enough to see it yet). Since then I've grown up watching and re watching all of his films, studying his artwork, and writing two school reports on him.

This exhibit is a must see to anyone who admires Tim Burton. He started out as an underdog where the studios were underwhelmed by his work. He was turned away countless times due to his eerie and unusual style. Through the progress of each of his pieces you can see his genius developing and unfolding before your eyes.

I was unable to take any pictures inside the exhibit but I was able to sketch a few pages so as to somehow capture my memory of being there. I wanted to see it all again as soon as it ended.

You can purchase tickets for his exhibit on the LACMA website.

(Top left: I was greeted by this giant blowup lightbulb creature before entering; Top Middle: got my tickets, ready to go inside!; Top right: I was craving a hamburger after all the excitement; Bottom: a page of some the sketches I did in the exhibit)

















-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment