Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy


Being one of my most favorite sweets, I was very excited to make my very first  Fresh Fruit Tart with Vanilla Pastry Cream. What I was not prepared for was the agony I had to go through to make the darn thing. I started making the tart at 1pm, and did not finish until 11pm. You can see I didn't take any pictures of the crust/custard making process, because I was pulling out my hair due to complete frustartion. HOWEVER, please don't let me frighten you from making it. It was my first time and I learned a lot from the process. As for the final result? Outstanding. The crust was the perfect amount of flakiness, the vanilla custard was to die for, and I made sure to pick out the freshest fruit from the store. Well worth all the pain it caused me, because the reward was sweet.




-Lauren

3 comments:

  1. This looks ridiculously delicious! Yummm :)

    xx
    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it looks as good as it tastes - I'm in! It sure is pretty!!

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and it looks so delicious ! Great job ! Check out : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete